This is a succinct listing designed to be a go-to resource for you and your faith community! Please email email@example.com with any questions or concerns. Every link here has been checked and works!
NOTE: the next meeting will be MONDAY AUGUST 17th at 7pm in the HAWLEY ROOM at First Congregation in Amherst – 165 Main St. (not the 19th as the August 5th minutes detailed). The room is on the ground/basement floor which is most accessible from the Spring St. parking lot behind the church.
- Is your faith community planning to sing a choral anthem (difficult) or full congregation hymn (easy) the weekend of September 26-27th? If your answer is YES OR NO, please proceed to question 2… If your answer is “I don’t know”, please:
- Are you (or someone you know) able to promote our Interfaith Climate Actions in an online and/or print media? If your answer is NO, please proceed to question 3… If your answer is YES, please:
- Look at the event page in question #1 for the September 27th Clergy, Choirs and Climate details,
- Click this EVENT PAGE for details about the Community Forum on Pope Francis’ Encyclical on September 21st,
- Click this EVENT PAGE for details about the Northampton Watch Party on September 24th
- Click this EVENT PAGE for details about the Amherst Watch Party on September 24th
- Click this EVENT PAGE for details about the Harvesting Hope at Abundance Farm festival on October 4th
- Check out this MassLive coverage of the September 26-27 bus trip to Philadelphia the Springfield Diocese is coordinating for Pope Francis’ public service (1 million people expected).
- Copy links and forward to your email and social media networks!
- Are you (or someone you know) willing and able to facilitate at a Watch Party Discussion on Thursday, September 24th? I have registered the watch parties for both St. Elizabeth Ann Seton and St. Brigid’s Church (though this 2nd one has just become uncertain) through the Ignatian Solidarity Network (and am happy to register others in Hampden or Franklin County). Facilitators for post-viewing discussion would be great! Here are a few details: http://ignatiansolidarity.net/pope-francis-address-watch-party/#learn
- If your faith community is planning to or is willing to host a watch party, please invite someone to join in a planning conference call about hosting the watch party AND to fill out this DOODLE POLL
- Might you be able to ask a faith community leader (priest, rabbi, pastor, minister, reverend …) for a public statement about his or her climate/community reflections? Suggested specifics could be about Pope Francis’ encyclical, the hopes and potentials for interfaith climate collaboration, and/or something of this nature specifically related to our local region? If so, please obtain this statement and email it to me for a press release and/or press conference statement.
Thank you! And please forward this to others.
Hope to see you on August 17th!